Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mending

This week marks nearly a month since we lost our baby. It's been a rather difficult month for me. I continue to heal and get stronger, and as I do I try to push myself out to regain some of the ground that feels like it was lost in grief. I've leaned a lot on family and friends, trusting them to turn a blind eye to any shortness or strangeness on my part, and they've made me feel very safe and loved and normal. And in those moments of brokenness which continue to surface every so often, I learn a new level of trusting on God instead of myself.

Indeed, we felt within ourselves we had received the [very] sentence of death, but that was to keep us from trusting in and depending on ourselves instead of on God Who raises the dead.

[For it is He] Who rescued and saved us from such a perilous death, and He will still rescue and save us; in and on Him we have set our hope (our joyful and confident expectation) that He will again deliver us [from danger and destruction and draw us to Himself]...

II Corinthians 1:9,10

For when I finally come to the end of myself; my own ability to see, understand, hang on and go on, He is there.

1 comment:

Anthony and Kristi said...

I love those verses...so true!! Keeping leaning on God! We're praying for you!