Monday, April 5, 2010

And Then God Sends a Boat


Sometimes when the floods of life take over, God makes the rain stop.



Other times, He sends you a boat.  


This is, of course, metaphorical writing since my house was not actually flooded to the point of needing a rowboat - although the panic I felt at times could have been akin to a huge disaster like that. 

The boat God sent me was in the form of Hayden Homes (who had built our house and neighborhood) and more specifically, in the form of Heather, who quickly answered my emailed Hail Mary plea for assistance with my leaking house.  Even though Hayden Homes technically did not have to assist with my plight, Heather recognized that the shabby workmanship on my house was something that absolutely must be addressed.  She immediately sprang to action and had a crew here by the next business day.













The leaks have stopped!  And all that is left is clean-up and painting, which should take place later this week.  

I must admit, I truly did not see this provision coming.  It is marvelous and humbling to be reminded that, beyond whatever our circumstances seem to be telling us, God remembers us.

3 comments:

Anthony and Kristi said...

Yay for your "boat"!! I'm so happy that the leaks are now fixed! Hopefully once the work inside is done you'll be able to relax a bit and have a break from all the crappy stuff! Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when things actually work out! I imagine you were stressed out. I would have been! I'm glad it's fixed and they did a quality job!

Staci said...

Wow. So awesome that they responded so quickly!